ONE monitor and 2 desktops, trouble with calibration

Home Forums Help and Support ONE monitor and 2 desktops, trouble with calibration

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jon Iverson
    Participant

I have a single AOC IPS LED monitor that is coupled to two desktops.  When I want to use a desktop, I will either select DVI or D-SUB as each desktop is wired to each port, respectively.  The trouble I’m having is that if I say calibrate “desktop 1”, then if I switch to “desktop 2”, I am unable to get the same results without adjusting the monitor color/ brightness settings.  Once I do that, then desktop 1 is no longer in calibration.  I’d like both desktops to have the same results with the single monitor.  How do I do this?  Thanks in advance.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

If the monitor doesn’t have the ability to store different settings per input, you may be out of luck.

Jon Iverson
    Participant

Thanks.  The monitor allows five settings: user, warm, normal, cool,  and srgb.  I can save user settings once per calibration as there doesn’t appear to be provision for multiple users… user1, user2, etc.  Wouldn’t it be possible to use one of the other defaults for the other desktop and somehow set up Dispcal to calibrate without user intervention and based on a white point I chose (which would be 6500 K)?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Sure, you can do that.

Jon Iverson
    Participant

I think I solved this.  I reread my monitor’s manual very carefully.  Turns out that there is some software by the maker that will allow OSD settings to be made by the software from the keyboard.  At first I didn’t notice anything special about it, but on one of the later menus, I saw an option to save the configuration in any name I chose.  I decided to save original settings as config 1, then did a slight color adjustment and saved as config 2.  Then I can just select either config I saved in the drop down menu.  Problem solved.  I will be able to save each config independently on each desktop!

One last question if you don’t mind:  I’m a bit confused as to which option I should choose say a month or so down the line when I want to recheck profile accuracy.  Should I just be choosing “verify calibration” or one of the other options?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Should I just be choosing “verify calibration” or one of the other options?

That’s what the “Verification” tab is for 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS