Old monitor broken/going bad?

Home Forums Help and Support Old monitor broken/going bad?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Dmg8
    Participant

Hello. I have an older monitor that was in storage. I set it up today and I noticed it wasn’t very bright. It also looked slightly yellow. I decided to calibrate it with my  i1DisplayPro and Displaycal. When setting the white point the blue bar was really low. When raising blue in the monitor settings it had no effect. I had to lower green and red to get it to 6500k. The settings go from 0-100 with 50 being default. They ended up at R26, G21 and B50. The max white level is below 100cd/m2 even with brightness at 100 percent. Is the monitor broken or is this normal for old monitors? The monitor is LG W2353V and was manufactured in 2009. I have the same problem when using i1Profiler. I have tried both vga and hdmi. Same problem when using another pc. I’ve attached a measurement report. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

The max white level is below 100cd/m2 even with brightness at 100 percent. Is the monitor broken or is this normal for old monitors?

If the monitor is an older model with CCFL backlight, then it may have aged. CCFL backlights loose brightness with age. You should also either let the monitor warm up longer (i.e. one hour) and/or enable white level drift compensation, because CCFL backlights take some time to reach full brightness.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS