Nvidia drivers – Color Accuracy Mode

Home Forums Help and Support Nvidia drivers – Color Accuracy Mode

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

benjamin
    Participant

@benjamin

Nope, you will still need displaycal profile loader. Just tested it with the blueish-yellowish cLUT icm file WITHOUT displaycal loader and it didn’t change the color to blueish-yellowish of the game (twin mirror) i was playing on and when i use Displaycal loader the blueish-yellowish icm displayed in the game. Windows is still unreliable.

Have you tried uninstalling DisplayCal, opening Windows colour management, and doing the following?:

Vincent
    Participant

@benjamin

Nope, you will still need displaycal profile loader. Just tested it with the blueish-yellowish cLUT icm file WITHOUT displaycal loader and it didn’t change the color to blueish-yellowish of the game (twin mirror) i was playing on and when i use Displaycal loader the blueish-yellowish icm displayed in the game. Windows is still unreliable.

Have you tried uninstalling DisplayCal, opening Windows colour management, and doing the following?:

That means 8bit LUT truncation and banding, even on an AMD. As @ivad24 said, windows LUT loader (and ALL apps that use the same API like Basiccolor or i1Profiler LUT loader) is unreliable.

benjamin
    Participant

@benjamin

That means 8bit LUT truncation and banding, even on an AMD. As @ivad24 said, windows LUT loader (and ALL apps that use the same API like Basiccolor or i1Profiler LUT loader) is unreliable.

He said that Windows wasn’t applying the profile in a particular game, I was only asking if the method in the gif worked but I get your point.

I usually use 8bit in the profile loader as my monitor/gaming gpu is limited to 8bit.  Is there a perceptual difference between setting 8bit in the profile loader vs using Windows colour management (which uses 8bit Lut)?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by benjamin.

Vincent
    Participant

You can use dither. There is no reason to keep using the limited loader from Windows having Lut loader from DisplayCAL.

Toby
    Participant

All this talk is way over my head – can anyone boil it down for a luddite?

My NvCP setting is at ‘Accurate’ and I have the DisplayCAL loader loading my profiles.  From the NVidia documentation this appears to be what I want but I’m no expert.

Assuming Accurate is the correct setting when using ICC profiles, does this new driver setting offer any advantages, such as the issue with games not ‘respecting’ ICC profiles that I’ve read about?

Thanks 🙂

Darkmatter
    Participant

You can use dither. There is no reason to keep using the limited loader from Windows having Lut loader from DisplayCAL.

Hi Vincent

When you say you use dither, are you referring to the DCal Profile Loader, anyone with an AMD card, or the registry hack? I have an Nvidia card and unless something has changed, I had read that the registry hack is very hard to keep activated these days. 🙁

My NvCP setting is at ‘Accurate’ and I have the DisplayCAL loader loading my profiles.  From the NVidia documentation this appears to be what I want but I’m no expert.

Assuming Accurate is the correct setting when using ICC profiles, does this new driver setting offer any advantages, such as the issue with games not ‘respecting’ ICC profiles that I’ve read about?

Thanks ????

Sorry Toby, I’m going to hand that one off to Vincent or Florian. 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks ????

I too am wondering this. I am using DisplayCAL but my NVCP states I am in Enhanced mode. I am wondering if this means I made a mistake since you are in Accurate mode.

Also yes, I too would like to know if this means 3DLUT Reshade is unnecessary now and if games will support the ICC profile. I’ve seen numerous threads on reddit (from the past few years actually) stating that NVIDIA and Windows now have support for ICC profiles in games.

An update to the wiki with a simple guide on how to properly go about properly applying color correction to games would be very appreciated.

Paul Spencer
    Participant

Thanks ????

I also would love an answer here. I’ve got the latest Nvidia Gaming Drivers. I have HDR enabled in Windows control panel. I’ve got a 10 Bit Panel with G-Sync ultimate and I’m trying to calibrate with an i1 Display Pro Plus.

Calibrite Display Plus HL on Amazon   Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS