No Smile

Home Forums Help and Support No Smile

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Dave
    Participant

So I bought a Colormunki smile.   Works on their software, but when I go through their cal routine, my display looks greenish and “flat” and horrible.   So I found out about DisplayCal, uninstalled the old software, installed the  Argyll CMS and DisplayCal.   So far, I can’t get DisplayCal to see the smile.  I tried USB2 and USB3 ports.   I refreshed the display and instrument.

W10 here, Nvidia Titan, LG 29AE93 display

C\Argyll_V1.8.3 is in the path, and that is where the Argyll files are located.

The colormunki shows up in device manager as “Other devices” and it says that the drivers are not installed.  When I try to install the DisplayCal drivers, the system switches over to system recovery (!)

What is my path to getting this working?

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

There is a procedure to follow to install the driver, did you followed up that? Restart the machine with signature drivers disabled, then install the driver, then do the change of driver.

Dave
    Participant

Ok, I got that working.  I am having problems now where it fails somewhere in the middle of profiling. I can’t copy and paste the error message, but it is hearing my munki.  Still not smiling though.

Dave
    Participant

dispread.exe has stopped working is what I get along with a complicated error message.

Dave
    Participant

Another problem, maybe related.  In the initial whitepoint setup, I show WAY too much blue.

If I dial the blue all the way down to 0 in the monitor settings, and play with the red and green, I can get to a color balance that is acceptable to the software.  I have never been able to get the brightness on target.

Without any corrections, my monitor looks “ok” to my eye, but I’m sure it’s off.  With the color balance that whitepoint wants, it looks very washed out and green.

Can I verify that my sensor is working right somehow?

Dave
    Participant

I might have completed a profiling last night.

The display tells me that “The instrument can be removed from the screen.

Written 29EA93#1 ……/ti3”

I have two options, pause, and cancel.

I also have a box that says “dispread.exe has stopped working”

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I also have a box that says “dispread.exe has stopped working”

That’s a default Windows error popup when an application crashes – not so good. Is the system stable otherwise?

Dave
    Participant

Stable in all other respects.  I re-ran it this morning, same result when I got home.

Dave
    Participant

I was able to run the CM at work on both monitors, using the Xrite software, and had good results, so I believe that the smile itself is ok.

What would it be about my monitor or display card that would cause such awful results? I didn’t even think such was possible.   As I understand it, the result of calibration and profiling is a lookup table that says “If you want this color, display that color instead”.

The display card here is the Nvidia Titan, and the display is an LG 29EA83

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-29EA93-P-led-monitor

Florian Höch
    Administrator

What would it be about my monitor or display card that would cause such awful results?

You’d have to post your exact settings. Did you manage to solve the “dispread.exe has stopped working” problem?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS