NEC SpectraSensor Pro vs. X-rite i1Display Pro

Home Forums Help and Support NEC SpectraSensor Pro vs. X-rite i1Display Pro

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

aleunge
    Participant

Hi everyone.  I was wondering if DisplayCAL supports the NEC SpectraSensor Pro MDSVSENSOR3, which is supposedly based on/very similar to the X-Rite i1Display Pro?  Would there be any issues with drivers or like the i1Display Pro, drivers would be no fuss? (it isn’t listed in the support instruments section and I did do a search here but didn’t find anything)

I know Argyll CMS officially supports it but would that mean it’ll work fine and calibrate correctly in DisplayCAL?  I’m searched around quite a bit and no one seems to know the exact differences between the two devices although they look to be the same (and even NEC SpectraViewII supports both).

Please help and many thanks!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by aleunge.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

DisplayCAL supports all instruments that Argyll CMS supports. The NEC SpectraSensor Pro is identical in hardware to the other i1D3 devices, and should show up as “i1 DisplayPro, ColorMunki Display”. As it is a HID device, no special driver is needed. That said, I don’t have this particular version of the i1D3, so I cannot tell you if your specific revision will work (although I imagine there is a high probability that it’ll just work, and even if not, it’s probably just a matter of figuring out the right unlock code, as Graeme has done numerous times in the past).

aleunge
    Participant

Florian, thanks so much for your input.  That’s good enough for me.  I’ll give it a shot and report back.

I’ve always been an OEM software user for display calibration but will definitely make the jump to DisplayCAL this time around.  Thank you!

aleunge
    Participant

Just wanted to report back that DisplayCAL is awesome.  And like Florian said, it automatically saw it as an i1 device, and picked the NEC calibrator as an i1 Display Pro.  I also didn’t install any of the NEC SpectraView software/driver since Windows did install it as an “USB device” without issue right at the get-go.  Now I’m all calibrated and things look right.  Thank you Florian and DisplayCAL!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS