Multiple profiles creation out of a single calibration

Home Forums Help and Support Multiple profiles creation out of a single calibration

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

Hi! Is it possible to create different profiles out of a single calibration? Given that the calibration is done by the system without any profile loaded, I understand that the software bypasses any loaded profile and resets the gamma table, so if I set “tone curve” to “as measured” then the button at the bottom says ” profile only ” then if I click that, will profile with the currently loaded profile??? Or will reset the gamma table and make a proper profile?

What I’m trying to do is to test every single type of profile to understand the differences and save time by making just one calibration, since it is about an hour each time it calibrates, and just a few minutes to profile…   is this possible? And then save every profile with a different name?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

DisplayCAL will give you the choice if you want to use either the current or linear calibration when you click “Profile only”. The profile name can be changed on the “Profiling” tab.

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

So I guess the right choice will be  use current profile, and there is an option that says something like embed current curves… (Not in front of the machine now) should that stay checked?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

So I guess the right choice will be use current profile, and there is an option that says something like embed current curves

Yes, embed and use current calibration, not linear.

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

Would this work for a currently load profile? Or is there a way to save the measurings separately to reload them later and keep working, let’s say I did a measuring that took 2 hours, and I now need to use the computer and continue later… Can I do that?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Would this work for a currently load profile?

Yes.

Or is there a way to save the measurings separately to reload them later and keep working

No, it’s also generally not a good idea because display + instrument may drift over time (although you can pause measurements temporarily).

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

Thanks, so measuring is discarded after finishing?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Thanks, so measuring is discarded after finishing?

They are only discarded if you cancel the measurements without letting them finish.

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

Thanks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS