Multiple Displays. Multiple Profiles and Switching

Home Forums Help and Support Multiple Displays. Multiple Profiles and Switching

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Gina
    Participant

Hi all. Does DisplayCal handle multiple monitors and easy switching of profiles?

First, I am totally new to DisplayCal. I am using Windows 10, I have a Spyder4 whose software calibrates very warmly IMHO. I have a laptop with only one HDMI port. I have an HP 27″ hooked up to the laptop by HDMI and I mirror/duplicate the screen, but I just got an XP-Pen 21 inch drawing display tablet. Its sort of like a Wacom Cintiq, you use a pen stylus, and you draw art right on the display.  Right now I am switching displays to use by unplugging one of the displays and plugging in the other. Its a pain, but that”s the situation right now. Here’s where DisplayCal comes in because My HP is very close in print to what is on my screen but probably could use a bit of calibration. The XP-Pen um..is not matching my prints.

So there are three monitors involved. My laptop display, my HP 27″ monitor, and my XP Pen drawing monitor. Is it possible to calibrate each display/monitor each with their own calibrated profile, and switch between them all depending on which display I am using at the time? Or should I be doing it another way?

I do photos and web design stuff as well as general browsing etc, on my  HP monitor. I switch to XP Pen monitor for art (mostly for print, some digital), and my laptop gets used when I move it around the house. I need all of them to be calibrated.

I’m obviously very confused. Does displayCal do what I want it to do? How do I best achieve what I want? Thank you for you help.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Gina.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

I mirror/duplicate the screen

Windows doesn’t support calibrating and color managing mirrored screens. You have to use extended desktop instead.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS