more files in more places than I expected

Home Forums Help and Support more files in more places than I expected

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

janwalker SourceForge

iMac running MacOS Yosemite 10.10.2

I’m using dispcalGUI to “create a profile” but each run installs 3 copies of “the profile” on my machine:
    – in the system wide profile library
    – in my user-specific profile library
    – in a directory with the same name as the profile, minus the file type.

Because of how the Mac software looks for profiles to list in the user interface, all three of these show up in the display preferences interface, which is really confusing. How do you recommend coping with this? I didn’t notice a general option about file locations but maybe there is one that would solve my problem. One copy is enough to see, the one in the system library. The others I don’t know what to do with.

The directory with the same name contains various other working files and log files I’m guessing. wrz? gz?

I don’t know what I’m supposed to do with all these files. It is bewildering.

Florian Höch
    Administrator
    • in the system wide profile library

This’ll only happen if you install the profile system-wide. On a single user system, there’s usually no need to do this.

I don’t know what I’m supposed to do with all these files. It is bewildering.

Those files are normally in a subfolder of the “Library” directory in your user folder unless you changed the save path. Generally I’d recommend keeping the default path. Profiles will be copied to the right location when installing them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS