Matching two monitors for Resolve

Home Forums Help and Support Matching two monitors for Resolve

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

tecnezio
    Participant

Happy easter.
    I’m troubling with a matter that maybe you can help me to solve.
    I have two monitors: one is the Flanders CM171 and the second one is the Dell P2415Q. Even if based on the reports of displaycal with preset “Resolve” I read good results on both of them in terms of color (deltaE less than 2), the general visual of the colors, seems to be very similar and close, unfortunately they are not excatly the same. I know that the Dell is not a professional broadcast monitor but i’m trying to understand if it depends from the different type of backlight. I believe that the Flanders is RGB Led while the Dell is White Led. Could it be the problem? how can I understand it? The values of caratherization are created both on the spectra i1pro for the offset matrix of the colorimeter i1displaypro oem. My impression is that the white on Dell is more yellowish respect the Flanders.
    What do you think about? Do you have any suggestion?

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

It sounds like a problem with observer metamerism (identical measured XYZ on different monitors may lead to different appearance to the eye if the monitors primaries and backlights are not the same). If you’re the only one using the monitors, there’s a relatively straightforward way around it, which is to visually match the whitepoints (by eye) and re-profiling. I.e. you’d pick one monitor as reference (I’d use the white LED backlight one) and adjust the other’s whitepoint to match, ignoring RGB balance readouts and delta E. In case of a Resolve 3D LUT workflow, you’d also (re-)create the 3D LUTs using relative colorimetric intent.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS