Mapping from ST.2084 to Idealized Gamma 2.2

Home Forums Help and Support Mapping from ST.2084 to Idealized Gamma 2.2

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

dcchan2
    Participant

I have been using DisplayCAL  to create 3D LUTs to display HDR10 video on wide gamut SDR displays, and that works quite well.  All I need to do is to select BT.2020 as Source Colorspace, and ST.2084 as Tone Curve, under 3D Lut settings.

I would like to do the same for a “generic” display which is calibrated to Gamma 2.2, DCI-P3 .  If I uncheck the option “Create 3D LUT after profiling”,  can I select an “idealized” color profile and have DisplayCAL create the 3D LUT from it?

Vincent
    Participant

I would like to do the same for a “generic” display which is calibrated to Gamma 2.2, DCI-P3 .  If I uncheck the option “Create 3D LUT after profiling”,  can I select an “idealized” color profile and have DisplayCAL create the 3D LUT from it?

If you use standalone LUT3D creator you can use whatever source/destination profile you want.

dcchan2
    Participant

Thank you so much.  That’s exactly what I was looking for.

Take it one step further – is there any way to specify an idealized destination; e.g., REC709 and gamma 2.2?

dcchan2
    Participant

(I can’t seem to find any way to edit the above post).

I have managed to download a Reference REC709 icc profile, so I could use that.  However, I’m still interested in finding out whether it’s possible to simply target a gamma and colour space without having the icc (or, alternatively, is there any way to create such reference icc).

Thanks again.

Vincent
    Participant

There is a standalone app called “synth profile editor” and a commandline tool called iccvcgt in argyllcms to insert VCGT data into synth profiles from a previous calibration.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS