MANAGED TO FIND A FIX FOR BROKEN GAMMA IN 1903 WINDOWS

Home Forums General Discussion MANAGED TO FIND A FIX FOR BROKEN GAMMA IN 1903 WINDOWS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

A.ces
    Participant

I managed to find a fix for the broken gamma, and nvidia dithering in windows 1903: you need to go to Task Scheduler > Microsoft > Windows > WindowsColorSystem, and delete the task called WindowsColorSystem Calibration Loader.

x (x)

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by A.ces.

Vincent
    Participant

AMD suffers it too. It’s an issue related to MS. Also no need to telete task, just disable it.

I’ve not tested yet if return-from-standby/night-mode banding issues get fixed once you disable this task.

Vincent
    Participant

Although I make that trick… sometimes that broad stair step banding is back. I could not find cause-effect, but I was using madVR fullscreen some time before I noticed it.

A.ces
    Participant

Yeah you need to sign in/out of windows multiple times, and check a gradient pattern each time, same happens if monitor/pc enters sleep.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I can confirm that disabling the “WindowsColorSystem\Calibration Loader” task (even if “Use Windows display calibration” in Windows color management settings wasn’t enabled to begin with, which is interesting) and logging out/back in solves the severe banding (but it may be back if changing the calibration, in which case the log out/in procedure needs to be repeated). We’ll have to wait for a proper fix from MS. I will probably add automatic disabling of the task upon installation in a DisplayCAL update to mitigate the problem until a proper fix comes in the form of a Windows 10 update.

t.g.v
    Participant

good news.

A.ces
    Participant

Actually it seems there is still some banding in black region but it’s very hard to see, a reboot or two most of the time fixes it.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Only the severe banding (stripes) after the 1903 update is a problem. Other banding is normal.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS