MacOS Sonoma (DisplayCal Python) + Blackmagic UltraSutdio (DaVinci Resolve)

Home Forums General Discussion MacOS Sonoma (DisplayCal Python) + Blackmagic UltraSutdio (DaVinci Resolve)

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Vincent
    Participant

We have one Intel machine lying around, but it’s soon to be out of service, but I will try running the python build on that machine when we can get it going… that seems like the simplest solution for now…

That machine does not need to run Resolve, just DisplayCAL. Resolve, running in your modern apple silicon workstation asks for an IP where Resolve patch generator is. It can be anywhere in the LAN, you are not required to run it in the same machine, hence even and old linux/Windows laptop runing DisplayCAL will do the job. Generate profile there, generate LUT3D then copy LUT3D to workstation and install it in Resolve (GUI or Reference).

Erkan Ozgur Yilmaz
    Participant

Hey guys, I started to look into this, fyi…

Bastien
    Participant

Hey ! Great news !

Thank you for the support Erkan !

Erkan Ozgur Yilmaz
    Participant

I think I found the reason that the patches are not updating and I need test users (otherwise I need to write a socket simulator… which will take time…). Please follow the issue here: https://github.com/eoyilmaz/displaycal-py3/issues/302

MG23
    Participant

Will happily test things for you. What do you need me to do?

Erkan Ozgur Yilmaz
    Participant

Hey folks,

It seems that we’ve been able to fix the original issue of not being able to send color patches to Resolve. But @bastien is having issues where the patches are randomly stop updating. I’m suspecting that it is specific to their network setup. So, at this stage we need more testers.

Anybody who wants to help please find the original ticket and installation instructions here: https://github.com/eoyilmaz/displaycal-py3/issues/302#issuecomment-1988782965

Vincent
    Participant

Hey folks,

It seems that we’ve been able to fix the original issue of not being able to send color patches to Resolve. But @bastien is having issues where the patches are randomly stop updating. I’m suspecting that it is specific to their network setup. So, at this stage we need more testers.

Anybody who wants to help please find the original ticket and installation instructions here: https://github.com/eoyilmaz/displaycal-py3/issues/302#issuecomment-1988782965

Just tested the new branch on a Sonoma macintel, works without issue.
    Also HTML measurement report is fixed for Resolve and Display configurations (no more 0.0 dE).

Great job Erkan.

Old Man
    Participant

+1

Great work, Erkan

borez
    Participant

Great to see the team back developing the latest builds.

On a serious note, is there any way to financially support the project via ko-fi or Patreon? As much as earlier work was done by Florian, the current development team’s efforts should not go unrecognized.

Erkan Ozgur Yilmaz
    Participant

Hey borez thank you  for suggesting support for the team. I think I stated that before in the forum or in the GitHub page, I will keep the donation links intact, so that Florian and Graeme still are the sole beneficiaries . Compared to their accumulated work over the years, ours is nothing. On the other hand, in the future we might accept donations to buy new equipment to directly test the code against, that’s the only reasonable purpose for us to accept any donations. But then we’ll create the appropriate donation link and announce it as a project.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS