Macbook Pro 2018 13" + colormunki photo

Home Forums General Discussion Macbook Pro 2018 13" + colormunki photo

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

wxkingcisc
    Participant

I’d like to know what are the best settings to calibrate my Macbook Pro 2018 13″ + colormunki photo with DisplayCAL  3.6.2 for photo retouching? The display device is recognized as “MacBookPro 15,2 @ 0, 0, 1440 * 900 (Primary)”, the resolution is not correct but there’s no suitable device to select.

If I run “Calibrate & Profile” I’ll get an erroe message saying “dispcal: Error – Mcv max – min 0.000000e+00 too small.”

Any recommandations would be appreciated.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite ColorChecker Studio on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The resolution shown is half the “Retina” display resolution, which is normal for Apps that do not have native “Retina” support like ArgyllCMS.

For the ColorMunki problem, please attach logs (bring up the log window and select “Create compressed archive…”).

wxkingcisc
    Participant

HI Florian,

thanks a lot for your info.

Attached is the zip file containing all the files in “/Users/Username/Library/Logs/DisplayCAL”, and there’s no such a folder named “0install” under “/Users/Username/Library/Logs”.

Could you let me know what are the relatively “best” adjustments I should use to calibrate my MAC for photo editing? There’s a “Settings” dropdown menu and a bunch of adjustments in Display & Instruent/Calibration/Profilling tab, not sure which ones are well suited for this laptop.

Thanks again.

Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

In the log it looks like you’re using non-adaptive measurement mode. Try the default “LCD (generic) Adaptive”.

Could you let me know what are the relatively “best” adjustments I should use to calibrate my MAC for photo editing? There’s a “Settings” dropdown menu and a bunch of adjustments in Display & Instruent/Calibration/Profilling tab, not sure which ones are well suited for this laptop.

Use the “Laptop” preset.

wxkingcisc
    Participant

I tried with the “Laptop” preset and measurement mode set to “LCD (generic) Adaptive”, this time it runs normally without any error, however after all the measurements were completed within 20 mins computing of calibration curves took more than 2 and a half hous. I clicked the “pause” button and “continue” button was gray (not able to click), then I have to cancel it.

Attached is the sceen shot of the “calibration” window and the log files, let me know if there’s anything I can do.

Thanks very much!

Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

It seems the cal file never gets written by Argyll. Please replace dispcal, dispread and ccxxmake in your Argyll_V2.0.1/bin folder with the ones from the attached ZIP archive and try again. Attach the log afterwards. Thanks.

Attachments:

wxkingcisc
    Participant

I tried the 3 files you attached, however if I replace “dispcal” in /Download/Argyll_V2.0.1/bin, DisplayCAL will not be albe to detect both the display device and the Instrument, so I replaced dispread and ccxxmake in /Download/Argyll_V2.0.1/bin, then run “Calibrate & Profile”, but in the end it says “profiling is not finished.”

Attached is the log files, thanks very much.

Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Sorry, please try the attached.

Attachments:

wxkingcisc
    Participant

Hi Florian, I tried the 3 new files you attached, this time the DEBUG process seems never to be completed, so I canceled it.

Attached are the screenshot and log files, thanks very much.

Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

It fails to shut down the instrument. Please repeat with the attached and attach the logs. Thanks.

Attachments:

wxkingcisc
    Participant

Hi Florian, thanks very much. It run without any error and I got the ICC profile, installed. All done.

When DisplayCAL/Argyll is updated in the future versions, should I still use the files you attached?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hmm, I didn’t really change anything other than adding a lot of debug prints. Please continue using these binaries, and if the problem ever happens again, attach the log. The debug info should hopefully help narrowing the problem down in that case.

wxkingcisc
    Participant

I tried the “original” files one more time, it still does now work and says “dispcal: Error – Mcv max – min 0.000000e+00 too small.” So there must be something changed… anyway, thanks very much!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS