LG OLED tv calibration – no lut

Home Forums Help and Support LG OLED tv calibration – no lut

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

greg greenhaw
    Participant

Does Displaycal have a mode to help you calibrate you tv without a LUT.
    I have a LG B6 OLED and would like to calibrate it.
    There is a 20 point white balance/gamma adjustment and basic color adjustments.
    Can any explain how I would go about calibration this tv with an idisplay1 and either davinci or the mac os directly?

It gets very confusing when there are apparently conflicting adjustments like  OLED light vs contrast vs brightness, and white balance presets like warm 1-3.

Also I guess i would need to tweak the HDR gamma eventually as well.

Thanks Greg.

WolfPeace
    Participant

Hey Greg,

Your best bet for calibrating your TV via it’s OSD controls would be to use a dedicated program for that, something like HCFR, which is, like DisplayCal, a free software that uses ArgyllCMS.

As far as information, advice and etc. about calibrating your TV it would be best to head on to AVSforums, there is even a high chance that someone already asked about advice/best practice for your TV model. This is also a good source of information about HCFR.

If you would like to use your TV as a monitor for MacOS or DaVinci, I would advice first calibrating your TV with something like HCFR, and then profile it/make 3dlut for Resolve.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS