LG 32UD99 high gamma deviation

Home Forums General Discussion LG 32UD99 high gamma deviation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ladis Pejchar
    Participant

Hello, I am trying to calibrate new screen LG 32UD99. The screen has option of hardware calibration through software called True Color Pro. When calibration with this software was done, the gamma deviation was quite high -> 14%. I attached my results. Are these results usable for editing photos for web usage? Or would it be better to use displaycal eventhough I wouldn´t be able to do hardware calibration ? Or is screen just bad..? Calibration device: Spyder 5 pro

thanks a lot

P.S. monitor was set to default, calibration target set to standart i.e -> D65, Gamma 2.2, ICC version 4, LUT table, ISO 12646,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Hello, I am trying to calibrate new screen LG 32UD99. The screen has option of hardware calibration through software called True Color Pro (TCP).

TCP is very limied even if used with i1DisplayPro. AFAIK there are no spectral correction in LG software for that kind of LED-P3 backlight .

When calibration with this software was done, the gamma deviation was quite high -> 14%. I attached my results.

Verify them with DisplayCAL (need spectral correction and Spyders are not very accurate devices). This way you can get actual gamma curve “shape” in 2D plot (Y axis = gamma value)

Are these results usable for editing photos for web usage?

IDNK, verify that profile with DisplayCAL. Same goes with other OEM HW calibration packages from other vendors (as long as measurement device is supported by DisplayCAL)

Or would it be better to use displaycal eventhough I wouldn´t be able to do hardware calibration ? Or is screen just bad..? Calibration device: Spyder 5 pro

Answered above. I’m almost sure that LG software is the one to blame. Please check that your display has not enabled some kind of auto-dimming feature (disable it).

P.S. monitor was set to default, calibration target set to standart i.e -> D65, Gamma 2.2, ICC version 4, LUT table, ISO 12646,

ICC v2 offer best compatibility

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Vincent.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

Are these results usable for editing photos for web usage?

BTW, if display profile is an accurate description of your display, color managed apps will compensate that gamma difference between display profile and image profile so it may not matter as long as other conditions are met… but in most apps that will lead to some kind of rounding error seen as “bands” in gradients.
    That rounding errors could happen even if you have a perfect 2.2 gamma and try to open an sRGB image (sRGB “gamma” is not exactly 2.2).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS