LG 2420r LED Settings

Home Forums Help and Support LG 2420r LED Settings

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Staffan
    Participant

( http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2010/review-lg-w2420r.html )

I have an LG 2420r, which is a 3 colour LED H-IPS, wide gamut display. I was wondering which settings would be best for it. I intend to use the Spyder3 that came with it. It’s probably not the best device, but it’s what I have. I run Mac OS X 10.11. I have made calibrations that seems fine, that corrects a slight orange throw in the reds the display has uncorrected, but I really have no idea which presets to use.

The things I am wondering about is which gamma preset would be best, which correction file, and which test chart. It’s pretty well corrected out of the box, especially if you use the aRGB or sRGB simulations, so perhaps there’s no need to use too many sample patches and save some time? Or is that foolish?

Also, should I use different settings if I want to calibrate the display with, or without the simulation modes running? Different gamma presets?

Thank you for a great calibration package!

Regards
    /Staffan

Florian Höch (g+)
    Participant

The defaults should work well. As the Spyder3 is comparatively slow, you can try reducing the number of patches on the “Profiling” tab. Also it probably won’t need a correction if it came bundled with the display (assuming it has been matched to the display by the manufacturer).

Also, should I use different settings if I want to calibrate the display with, or without the simulation modes running?

If you want to use different monitor (hardware) presets or settings, then you need to create a profile for each of them.

Staffan
    Participant

OK, great, then I probably did it right the first time. Thank you very much!

Regards
    /Staffan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS