Laptop calibration + X-Rite i1Display pro

Home Forums General Discussion Laptop calibration + X-Rite i1Display pro

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Michal.K
    Participant

Hi!

I try to calibrate my laptop with DisplayCAL and X-Rite i1Display pro. I am an amateur photographer, I shoot RAW, develop in Lightroom and export to sRGB jpeg. I use a color managed photo viewer. I calibrate my screen with the following settings:

After calibration I get the following message:

I did install the profile and reboot the system. I verified the profile against sRGB and AdobeRGB (results and profile attached). Native measured white point of the display is over 7000K so I decided to aim at ~D65. Can you please help me to interpret results? Can anything be done to improve the profile?

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

delta E is a measure of just-noticeable-difference. 1 dE indicates a just noticeable color difference. This information is already enough to interpret the result along with the pass criteria. Basically, there’s nothing that would need improving in terms of the reports.

Michal.K
    Participant

I don’t mean improving reports, I wonder if I do the calibration right way. If I use i1Profiler (same calibration target) I get quite different results, especially when it comes to white point. Measured WP after calibration: x: 0.303 y:0.329 vs i1Profiler x: 0.312 y: 0.0330.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Michal.K.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

If I use i1Profiler (same calibration target) I get quite different results

i1 Profiler does not support custom colorimeter corrections. If you want to have comparable results, you’ll have to stick to the X-Rite provided ones.

Michal.K
    Participant

I don’t. I would like to know and understand why the wp is shifted from the target and what is the cause. Calibration is something new to me so I’m trying to grasp the basics.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I would like to know and understand why the wp is shifted from the target and what is the cause.

See the FAQ.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS