Issue creation 3d Lut for Eizo CG247

Home Forums Help and Support Issue creation 3d Lut for Eizo CG247

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Victor07
    Participant

Hello everyone
    This is my first post on this forum and I would like first of all those working on displaycal. This software seems very interesting!
    However I have a problem.
    I try to create a 3D LUT for my Eizo CG247 I want to load directly into the screen with the ability to host a 3DLUT.  TO load the LUT I use ColorNavigator NX. When my screen is connected via HDMI directly to my graphics card, I’m doing a calibration with displaycal I create a LUT in .3dl, I loaded in the eizo and I’m checking withCalman color match and the result was very satisfying to around 0.4 deltaE. If I plug this screen eizo with the same LUT inside on the HDMI output of my DeckLink card, the image is very green and is completely ugly. So after that,  I try to create the LUT  using Resolve as generator patch and the screen plug into the HDMI of decklink cardand the problem is the same, once the LUT load the image becomes very green and very bad … I. I hope you understand my problem, my English is not advanced. Thank you very much for your advice.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

TO load the LUT I use ColorNavigator NX. When my screen is connected via HDMI directly to my graphics card, I’m doing a calibration with displaycal I create a LUT in .3dl, I loaded in the eizo […]

Interesting. I wasn’t aware that Eizo monitors can load .3dl LUTs.

If I plug this screen eizo with the same LUT inside on the HDMI output of my DeckLink card, the image is very green and is completely ugly.

Is the DeckLink outputting RGB or YCbCr?

Victor07
    Participant

I am pretty sur the decklink is RGB. If the there is no lut load in the eizo if I change HDMI GU or decklink HDMI there isn’t change like that. But with the LUT load inside the Eizo and if I plug in the decklinck card, there is like a big color gammut changement ….

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Victor07.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Try creating a YCbCr 3D LUT (change input/output encoding accordingly) and see if that changes anything. You can use the existing profile by unckecking “Create 3D LUT after profiling” on the “3D LUT” tab.

Victor07
    Participant

I will try that. Thx for you help, I let you know what happened

Victor07
    Participant

It didn’t work with YCbCr 3D Lut. If I charge the normal LUT ( I create a .cube rec709 RGB, not YCbCr) directly in Resolve and not in the Eizo, it work well. If I charge the same LUT in the eizo it create a realy bad green picture.

If I plug this monitor into HDMI GC it work …

The screen choose automatically the color space. If the screen is in the HDMI from GC its RGB  when I plug to decklink card it change to YUV 4.2.2 . If I put the LUT into the screen, plug into decklink and change the color space ( from eizo setting) to RGB it didn’t work and the screen became very red. Very green with YUV 4.2.2 and very red with RGB setting …

I am lost and I really need to understand how to create a 3dLut, charge into my Eizo plug in my decklink HDMI.

If you have any ideas … Thx a lot !

Victor07
    Participant

Maybe I didn’t use the right setting for YCbCr 3D LUT. Can you help me with the setting I have to choose for my case?

Thank you.

Victor

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Maybe I didn’t use the right setting for YCbCr 3D LUT. Can you help me with the setting I have to choose for my case?

I can’t tell you what the right setting is because I don’t know what type of LUT the EIZO expects when it receives YCbCr. You may want to contact EIZO support.

Victor07
    Participant

Ok I will try. Thx

Victor07
    Participant

I find this message in other forum ( its about eizo monitor ):

“Thanks to some sound advice from Dennis Couzin (and a few more late nights burning the midnight oil in search of a solution) I was able to get a clearer picture of why 3D LUTs weren’t ‘co-operating’ with a Y’CbCr signal. The LUT is applied to the signal BEFORE it’s converted to RGB, and the Y’CbCr channels are actually in the order of CrY’Cb. I generated a LUT that did a CrY’Cb to RGB transform, uploaded via the Emulation option in ColorNavigate, and changed the monitor colour space from YUV444 to RGB (thereby disabling any conversion process) and the image matched the source. However, this works with YUV444 only, and not YUV422 as that involves another process beyond the means of a LUT. Incorporating a return conversion to Y’CbCr negates this, but as of yet I can’t quite get a lossless pipeline (Film Emulation LUTs tend to leave a little magenta in the highlights and green in the shadows). Still, good progress, and hopefully the folks at Eizo will now realise how easy it will be to correct the flaw and therefore enable a very useful function. ”

Can I create a CrY’Cb to RGB 3D LUT with DisplayCal ?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Should be possible. Set input encoding to YCbCr and output encoding to RGB.

Victor07
    Participant

I try it but it didn’t work. I send an email to Eizo.

If you have any other Idea, let me know !

Thx a lot.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS