Is there any benefit of using CIE2012-2 over CIE1932-2?

Home Forums General Discussion Is there any benefit of using CIE2012-2 over CIE1932-2?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • Author

NoVoicemail
    Participant

@Janos do you mind sharing the LG CX – Konika CS-1000 5nm CCSS you compiled?

János Tóth F.
    Participant

Sorry, but as far as I know, that CSV set is the property of LightIllusion and/or affiliates/sorts who shared it with LI and LI-customers only. Back in the days they asked for a modest donation just to download the C6 EDR alone if you weren’t a paying customer already, so I doubt they would be happy with that data popping up on public forums. (They have relatively sane product pricing and a great customer support but I get the feeling they don’t like the mere mention of ArgyllCMS because I did so in a forum post and it was censored withouth any note. I am happy they gave me the “ZRO” bagdge withouth questions because I have access to a higher license but it’s under a company’s name, not mine.)

Vincent
    Participant

AFAIK they (or TEDD, I do not remember) shared a ZIP with all current CSV, equivalent to CGATS CCSS. I have it and I’m not their customer. If they changed their mind and limited the distribution id another thing I was not aware of.

János Tóth F.
    Participant

At any rate, all I did was:

• Open my old i1Pro2 CCSS in a simple test editor (Notepad) and manually altered the obvious metadata texts (intrument, start/end nanometer, number of spectral samples, etc).
    • Opened the CSV file in a spreadsheet editor (Excel) and copied over all the lines to a new spredsheet, changed the cell format to “number with 7 decimal points”
    • Inserted a new row and a new column, then auto-filled those with 1-16 line numbers and SPEC_380, 381, 382 list, etc
    • Copied the lines back to the CCSS file with the simple text editor and saved it

The formatting was different from the original CCSS (for exmaple, different delimiters and such) but ArgyllCMS accepted it.

Actually, in case I have a known good CCSS, I trust the i1d3p better than the i1Pro2 based on this old (2011) test:

https://www.drycreekphoto.com/Learn/Calibration/MonitorCalibrationHardware.html

Vincent
    Participant

Sorry, but as far as I know, that CSV set is the property of LightIllusion and/or affiliates/sorts who shared it with LI and LI-customers only. Back in the days they asked for a modest donation just to download the C6 EDR alone if you weren’t a paying customer already, so I doubt they would be happy with that data popping up on public forums. (They have relatively sane product pricing and a great customer support but I get the feeling they don’t like the mere mention of ArgyllCMS because I did so in a forum post and it was censored withouth any note. I am happy they gave me the “ZRO” bagdge withouth questions because I have access to a higher license but it’s under a company’s name, not mine.)

I found it, it was posted in LGG:

https://www.displaycalibrations.com/machform/view.php?id=31818

CSVs:

https://displaycalibrations.com/ColourSpace/ColorChecker-i1D3%20Spectral%20CVS%20Files%20(31%20October%202023).zip

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Mark Walter
    Participant

At any rate, all I did was:

• Open my old i1Pro2 CCSS in a simple test editor (Notepad) and manually altered the obvious metadata texts (intrument, start/end nanometer, number of spectral samples, etc).
    • Opened the CSV file in a spreadsheet editor (Excel) and copied over all the lines to a new spredsheet, changed the cell format to “number with 7 decimal points”
    • Inserted a new row and a new column, then auto-filled those with 1-16 line numbers and SPEC_380, 381, 382 list, etc
    • Copied the lines back to the CCSS file with the simple text editor and saved it

The formatting was different from the original CCSS (for exmaple, different delimiters and such) but ArgyllCMS accepted it.

Actually, in case I have a known good CCSS, I trust the i1d3p better than the i1Pro2 based on this old (2011) test:

https://www.drycreekphoto.com/Learn/Calibration/MonitorCalibrationHardware.html

Hello János,

I am not so sure that I understood correctly, could you please explain more in Detail? I opened up the CSV for the LG EP 950 (Joled) and the first row for example starts with “1.30E-26” – “9.62E-05” and then continues with a 7 decimal number “0.000119899”. And where do I find the “obvious metadata texts (intrument, start/end nanometer, number of spectral samples, etc).” for the LG EP 950 (Joled)?

Mark Walter
    Participant

@Janos if your dealing with narrow spectrum displays (aka wide gamut) then you should check out this paper:

https://opg.optica.org/oe/fulltext.cfm?uri=oe-31-4-5670&id=525741

and use Graeme’s oled.cmf that was posted to argyll’s mailing list. This is the most up to date solution for color matching and deals with CIE metameric failure for these spd types.

chart

How can I use the oled.cmf with displaycal?

NoVoicemail
    Participant

@mark-walter please refer to this post by Graeme on how to use oled.cmf

https://www.freelists.org/post/argyllcms/Observer-optimized-for-measuring-OLEDs,1

in Displaycal menu, choose Options > Advanced > Set additional commandline arguments

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by NoVoicemail.

János Tóth F.
    Participant

Ok, here is my messy spreadsheet for “optimized” testchart and CSV to CCSS generation. I added notes to the first sheet. I hope you find this useful. But somebody who can write scripts should make this automatic (like grab the metadata from the filename, and more importantly, automatically set the number of SPD sets according to the number of input lines, etc).

https://kijelzokalibralas.ddns.net/WOLED_testchart_and_CSVtoCCSS.xlsx

Mark Walter
    Participant

Ok, here is my messy spreadsheet for “optimized” testchart and CSV to CCSS generation. I added notes to the first sheet. I hope you find this useful. But somebody who can write scripts should make this automatic (like grab the metadata from the filename, and more importantly, automatically set the number of SPD sets according to the number of input lines, etc).

Thank you very much. I still have a question. In your case you  changed every entry with a letter in it (like “1.1882E-23”) to “0,0000000”. In my case for the “LG 32EP950 (RGB JOLED) – Colorimetry Research CR-250 4nm.csv” the first couple of entries would then be “0,0000000”.

Is that correct?

And “NUMBER_OF_SETS” would be 4 instead of 16… right?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Mark Walter.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mark Walter
    Participant

Also, I am not sure if that makes any difference, but I just noticed that your “NUMBER_OF_FIELDS” should be “402” as you have 401 spectral bands.

Mark Walter
    Participant

Well, I tried to convert the values for the LG EP950 as deescribed, but it doesn’t seem to be right. (see picture attached). I also noticed that I gut 9 decimals, not 7… maybe that could be the reason?

Attachments:

Mark Walter
    Participant

… the values seem to be very very low. is there a multiplier I should add?

NoVoicemail
    Participant

I looked at the CSV files quickly its not obvious to me what the format is:

each row contains 401 spectral values, each value is 7 decimal places, do the values need to be normalized? if so how?

4 row CSV: is the format WRGB or RGBW? W first row, R second row etc.

16 row CSV: is the format four sets of WRGB? WRGBWRGB… or WWWWRRRR…

NoVoicemail
    Participant

@Janos, thanks for the excel file, very helpful

looks like they ignored Florian’s warning and took measurements in gamut clamped mode on the LG CX

wrong mode

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by NoVoicemail.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by NoVoicemail.
    Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS