Interactive Display Calibration leads to green tint, even after profile install

Home Forums Help and Support Interactive Display Calibration leads to green tint, even after profile install

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Fumbar
    Participant

I am calibrating an Acer XB273K. When I run “calibrate and profile” with a ColorMunki Display the interactive display calibration window does not give me a green checkmark unless I bring red and blue down to the point that green dominates all grays. This persists after the profile is created and installed, though it does suppress the green a little bit.

All settings are default except “white point” is set to “6500k” instead of “as measured.” I am importing instrument correction information from the ColorMunki software, choosing the ‘WLED_Family” file which is labeled as “LCD White LED Family (AC, LG, Samsung)” in displayCAL. I have also tried corrections from the online corrections, specifically all three labeled “Matrix: i1 DisplayPro, ColorMunki Display & Acer XB273K GP (i1 Pro2).” I have also tried “None” for correction. No matter which I choose, the installed profile still produces a noticeably green tint in the grays.

The monitor passes verification after profile is installed and reports neutral grays (most shades of gray have a dE within 0.7 of neutral on the green axis.)

I’ve run “calibrate and profile” on a second monitor (ViewSonic VX2457) with the same settings and the “LCD White LED Family” correction and it does not cause this issue.

I have attached my profile.

The gain values I have to use to get a green check from the interactive display calibration window are: R:43, G: 50, B: 46.

If i turn G down to 43 the grays look more neutral to me, but then my verification performance suffers, which isn’t the end of the world but isn’t ideal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Fumbar

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Fumbar.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Fumbar
    Participant

I should add I’m using Windows 10.

Fumbar
    Participant

Correction.

I said grays had a dE within 0.7 of gray but I actually meant to say the measured a* was within 0.7 of neutral.

-Fumbar

Florian Höch
    Administrator

That display isn’t a standard gamut white LED, it’s WLED PFS Phosphor (a type of wide-gamut technology).

Fumbar
    Participant

Using WLED PFS Phosphor seems to have solved the issue. Thank you so much for the help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS