ICC Profile doesnt apply on startup

Home Forums Help and Support ICC Profile doesnt apply on startup

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Vyse
    Participant

Hey guys,

I have always had an ICC profile active, with Windows loading it on every startup, no problem whatsoever.

I have recently installed DisplayCal (and the Argyll thingy), without any knowledge of needing an external calibration device, so I uninstalled it a few days later.

Since then, Windows 10 wont apply my ICC profile on startup.

Maybe I messed something up / need to un install furhter stuff?

Help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Steve Smith
    Participant

Left lick Windows icon on bottom left of taskbar. Then type ‘color’ and click on ‘Windows color management’.  Click Advanced tab.  Press ‘Change system defaults button’. Is your calibration file listed in the Icc box? If so click on it then press ‘make default’ button… If your icc file is not listed then press the ‘Add’ button. Select your file from the available profiles and press ok. Now your file should be viable. Select it in the icc box and press ‘make default’.

Note:  Generally the default windows color icc file is named: ‘sRGB IEC61966-2.1’ (Unless you have a different icc file specifically made for your monitor.)

That’s it.

Vyse
    Participant

Hey, I shouldve mentioned that before.

Of course I tried all those things, my ICC profile is set as standard, also the checkmark “use windows calibration settings” is checked. I googled all that within 10 minutes and it doesnt help.

Since it wont work like it used to after I used / uninstalled DisplayCal, I suspect the program to have changes some settings, maybe in the registry, thats why I came here.

Steve Smith
    Participant

Hmm… So how do you know Windows isn’t applying your icc file at startup? –  Windows will only use this icc file in programs that specifically call for it’s use such as Photoshop. The Windows Desktop isn’t color managed and will always default to sRGB… If your ‘Default “monitor” profile’ is selected in Windows color management then it will be offered up to programs that make use of it. (And only if you tell that program to accept it).

Vyse
    Participant

When applying my ICC profile (old TN monitor), contrast and brightness changes, also in windows / chrome etc, everywhere. So when m Monitor is too bright after starting windows, I m know it isn’t active. So I go to color settings, select my profile and click „set as standard“, then my screen becomes more dark and crisp.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS