i1Profiler cannot verify .icm profile created with DisplayCal

Home Forums Help and Support i1Profiler cannot verify .icm profile created with DisplayCal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Loek
    Participant

Hello,

I have calibrated my laptop monitor with the i1 Display Pro and the DisplayCAL software. Now, I want to verify the screen with the i1Profiler software (to see how the result compares to the DisplayCAL verification results). However, when I click the [Qualify] button there, it gives the following error message: The active profile does not meet the criteria for Display QA (see the screenshot below). Is there a way to open the profile created with DisplayCAL with the i1Profiler software? Why do I get this error message?

• This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Loek.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

I have calibrated my laptop monitor with the i1 Display Pro and the DisplayCAL software. Now, I want to verify the screen with the i1Profiler software […] However, when I click the [Qualify] button there, it gives the following error message: […]

This sounds like i1Profiler can only verify profiles created by i1Profiler itself, probably because only those contain some sort of meta data or vendor-specific private information.

Loek
    Participant

Thanks for the quick answer, Florian. I thought that the .icm files were very general and universal, but apparently that is not true and can have some vendor-specific data inside. Thanks for the explanation! I now also noticed the difference in size: With the i1Profiler created .icm files are about 21 kB, while the DisplayCAL ones are about 790 kB.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

With the i1Profiler created .icm files are about 21 kB, while the DisplayCAL ones are about 790 kB

i1Profiler also has the ability to create LUT-based profiles like DisplayCAL, and they will be around 1.25 MB usually. The i1Profiler LUT profiles have the drawback though that they may not be able to encode the full gamut of wide-gamut displays, due to X-Rite’s choice of the L*a*b* PCS (profile connection space) for their LUT profiles.

Loek
    Participant

Thanks again for your explanation :-).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS