I calibrated my screens as ADMIN — what happened?

Home Forums Help and Support I calibrated my screens as ADMIN — what happened?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

DGross
    Participant

I calibrated both my screens from my ADMIN acct, which I only use for admin purposes.  When I logged in to my Normal User account — the account I usually use — when I opened Displaycal, it asked me to install Argyll.  Do I have to start from the beginning and calibrate the screens in each user account?  I have several user accounts on this machine, each one for different types of work.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I calibrated both my screens from my ADMIN acct, which I only use for admin purposes. When I logged in to my Normal User account — the account I usually use — when I opened Displaycal, it asked me to install Argyll.

Argyll CMS will be downloaded to the “Downloads” folder of the user account that is currently logged in, so you just have to move the Argyll folder to a location that is readable by all and point DisplayCAL to it (menu “File” -> “Locate Argyll CMS executables…”).

Do I have to start from the beginning and calibrate the screens in each user account?

No, but you either need to install the profile system-wide (and disable “use my settings for this device” on each display that you have installed a profile for) or associate the profile for each user account (in the latter case, you can have a different profile per user, but that makes little sense usually).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS