How to adjust gain/bias

Home Forums Help and Support How to adjust gain/bias

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’m trying dispcalGUI for the first time with an i1 Display Pro. The first thing I notice is that my monitor is extremely blue according to the interactive display adjustment. It says to adjust the monitor’s gain controls until the white point is correct, but what about bias? My understanding is that gain and bias should always be adjusted together, since they affect each other. How can I get the interactive display adjustment window with a dark gray patch instead of white?

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Most computer monitors lack bias (offset) controls. If the monitor in question has them, I’d still leave them at factory default because you probably don’t want to risk raising the black level. If you desire a hue-correct black point, use the black point correction calibration option (set it to a value above 0%, 100% for full correction). As many instruments are less sensitive the lower the measured light level is, I’d generally recommend against using that feature though.

This monitor is a FSI LM2140. I think nearly all broadcast monitors have a bias adjustment. I enabled “show advanced options”, but I don’t see any option for black point correction.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

You have to set tone curve to a value other than “As measured”.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS