How often do profiles get corrupted?

Home Forums General Discussion How often do profiles get corrupted?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Memoria
    Participant

Over the years I have had issues with profiling (mainly from Xrite software). After a while they seem to be corrupted, but nothing that will be warned in Photoshop or anything. It’s just that the colors seem dull and off, and the contrast is not balanced. Highlights get clipped  early and shadows are easily crushed and messy.  I have blamed Lightrooms cache management, previews corrupted, bad catalog and so on but haven’t really figured it out. Sometimes it helps to re-install lightroom (which I find odd if it is a bad profile).

Anyway…now it’s back to normal again and after my profiling with DisplayCal, the results are outstanding.

So it makes me wonder…how common is it to get messed up profiles after a while? I know I should re-calibrate on a regular basis but is it for this reason alone?

• This topic was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Memoria.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

So it makes me wonder…how common is it to get messed up profiles after a while?

Pretty unlikely. It would require the physical file on disk get corrupted, which short of a hardware (harddisk) defect isn’t likely going to happen.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS