Gamut Coverage values too low when using XYZ LUT + Matrix vs Curves + Matrix

Home Forums General Discussion Gamut Coverage values too low when using XYZ LUT + Matrix vs Curves + Matrix

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

France Dia
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m new to calibration, can someone help explain what’s going on?
    The monitor (LG 32UN650) is advertised as a 95% DCI-P3, and it shows a result close to that (93-94%) when using Curves + Matrix Profile type.
    When switched to anything with LUT, the results sink to 71% and the graph shape quite is unusual (to me at least and compared to my other monitor)
    All of the trials are with HDR off.
    I’ve attached a report, a screen shot of the graph, and a 3d view of it (ignore the naming error on the file name)

If anyone has any idea why this is happening, let me know,
    It is a new monitor and if this some kind of issue, please let me know to get it replaced (I doubt it’s a screen issue though)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

There may be several causes like:
    a) display is bad behaved
    b) there is some image enhancement running on gpu or monitor, find it & turn it off

Lowering patch value to a minimum while keeping manual choice of XYZLUT, like 5^3 ~ 120 patches may help you find the weird behavior

France Dia
    Participant

Thanks Vincent,
    I reset the drivers and the monitor, the situation seems to have significantly improved,

I’ve attached the report below,
    Any advice on how I can fix these off values? my monitor has RGB adjustment, and “six color” adjustments which are RGB CMY Hue and Saturations

Thanks again

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Thanks Vincent,
    I reset the drivers and the monitor, the situation seems to have significantly improved,

You are verifying uncalibrated monitor against P3 with a low cost spectro. Most error are in blue boundary (may be worth checking with an i1d3 + Panasonic VVX CCSS) and in grey ramp which is expected due to no grey caliberatuon applied.

I’ve attached the report below,
    Any advice on how I can fix these off values? my monitor has RGB adjustment, and “six color” adjustments which are RGB CMY Hue and Saturations

Thanks again

RGBCMY 6 axis is for limit native colorpace, hence has no use for you testing native colorspace.

So just use RGB gains for white and OSD gamam setting closest to your target (by measuring uncalibrated response on that OSD preset)

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS