Feature suggestion

Home Forums General Discussion Feature suggestion

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

benjamin
    Participant

Hi Florian,

I hope you’re doing well and enjoying life 🙂

This is a feature request.

When I run a full screen game in Windows for the first time, I find myself alt – tabbing out of each game, to temporarily disable the profile loader, to compare results and see if gamma correction from my icm profile is working or not.

If we had a “test mode”  which would be easily selectable via the DisplayCal tasktray and running the test mode would for example turn the screen entirely red, or something similar (ideally something would pop up on screen) maybe this would make it easier for the user to see if the profile is indeed being used via the application rather than eyeballing back and forth.

Sometimes, the profile correction can be so subtle.  This would make it much easier to find which games are supported.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 6 years ago by benjamin.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

I hope you’re doing well and enjoying life

Thanks, likewise. I’m very busy, but it’s all good 🙂

If we had a “test mode” which would be easily selectable via the DisplayCal tasktray and running the test mode would for example turn the screen entirely red, or something similar

You can temporarily assign one of the VCGT test profiles (look in the “tests” subfolder of the DisplayCAL directory). These will introduce a strong color cast via the calibration.

benjamin
    Participant

Those color casts work just great 🙂

Cheers Florian!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS