[Feature Request] Output through Blackmagic Hardware

Home Forums General Discussion [Feature Request] Output through Blackmagic Hardware

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Gref
    Participant

Wouldn’t it be nice (to get on with your neighbors) to have these patterns come out of Blackmagic (or Aja, Matrox for that respect) hardware? I bet this has been requested before in the old forum, but I didn’t check. Blackmagis has an SDK for their hardware.

I’m no coder, so I really don’t know how hard it actually is but it would surely make this software even greater!

Thx

Gref

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Unlikely to happen though, because I don’t think the SDK has a compatible license.

DrewL
    Participant

Well, you can have these patterns come through Blackmagic cards right now, by utilizing Resolve (which also happens to be free). Resolve drives the Blackmagic card, and DisplayCAL controls Resolve and feeds it patterns.  The procedure is outlined here.

I just did it today, and it worked wonderfully. Nifty. Thanks so much, Florian!

(PS To clarify, what I assume Florian is referring to, is that this isn’t a matter of programming but of licensing; Blackmagic’s products are commercial, while DisplayCAL and ArgyleCMS are open-source. So the SDK’s license terms may prohibit distributing its code in such software.)

Gref
    Participant

Yes, I came aware of that after I wrote this. thanx indeed, Florian!

I’m just trying to figure my way around a 300 -600$ LUT-box, because I’m not only using Resolve.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Gref.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I’m just trying to figure my way around a 300 -600$ LUT-box, because I’m not only using Resolve.

The eeColor Box might be an option, but it’s HDMI and HD only, and a discontinued product.

Gref
    Participant

I know, thanx… gruss aus Berlin, Florian 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS