Faster profile loader re-loading?

Home Forums Help and Support Faster profile loader re-loading?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kocane
    Participant

Hi guys,

Using this software on my HP laptop and it’s great. I love the tool to enforce colorprofiles. Trouble is, whenever I close my lid on the laptop and open it back up (standby when doing so is disabled) it’s like the screen disconnects and color profile resets. Then I gotta wait for the displaycal profile loader to reload the color profile. Sometimes this can take 20 seconds.

Is there any way to make the profile check faster? Or better yet, does anyone know how to force my profile to be the absolute default so it doesn’t fall back to the default one? I’ve set DisplayCAL to install the profile as system default, so that is what it is.

Thanks,

• This topic was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Kocane.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The checks happen every three seconds, but most graphics drivers seem to lie when it comes to querying the current calibration, so there is an additional check in place that looks for changes in the running processes. Therefore you can trigger a reload (within the three second timeframe) just by launching (or quitting) any program.

You could also try adding an event trigger to the DisplayCAL Profile Loader Launcher task in Windows task scheduler (event log “System”, event source “Power-Troubleshooter”, event ID 1).

Is there any way to make the profile check faster? Or better yet, does anyone know how to force my profile to be the absolute default so it doesn’t fall back to the default one?

That’s not the issue here. If you check profile associations, you will find that they don’t change. It’s the calibration that gets unloaded from the graphics card under some circumstances.

Kocane
    Participant

Hi Florian

Thanks for your reply!

I thankfully, shortly after this post, found out how to avoid the profile getting lost to begin with (indeed graphicscard related like you suggest and not DisplayCAL at all)

The problem is that when closing the lid, Windows sees it as a disconneted monitor, which naturally makes the colorprofile get dropped. It also makes the screen quite slow to re-enable when opening lid.

This is extremely specific so I doubt anyone else here will need this, but I fixed it by going into Device Manager -> System Devices -> ACPI Lid -> Change driver to the “model” called “Volume Manager” which is under the “Microsoft” manufactor. This disables the behavior where the display gets disconnected when closing the lid. The display still turns off on my laptop but it light up instantly and it never drops the colorprofile.

Can’t begin to imagine how hopeless all this would be with default Windows color managing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS