Extensive calibration for wide color gamut 4K AOC U3277PWQU

Home Forums Help and Support Extensive calibration for wide color gamut 4K AOC U3277PWQU

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

930093M
    Participant

http://us.aoc.com/en/products/u3277pwqu/specs

This monitor is apparently very good but has been a drawback because it won’t calibrate properly. Faces are excessively pink and red when they should be a more bronze/tanned color for example and variations in display settings only goes to decrease something else to make up for it.

I’ve done dozens of calibrations and hundreds of adjustments and nothing sits right. Is there anything that could be  uniquely specified for this particular model in Displaycal? Currently my focus is whether mode should be changed to WLED like the specs show,  tune curve alterations for a completely dark room, and just ultimately what should stay as measured versus custom in this case.

Thanks a million for taking a moment

• This topic was modified 5 years ago by 930093M.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Only color managed applications will show the correct colors.

This seems to be a wide-gamut display with roughly AdobeRGB coverage, so the backlight is not the typical white LED, but probably(?) RG phosphor based.

Vincent
    Participant

This seems to be a wide-gamut display with roughly AdobeRGB coverage, so the backlight is not the typical white LED, but probably(?) RG phosphor based.

IMHO it’s P3-like, so “Panasonic VVX17P051J00”

930093M
    Participant

Can anything be better set? Right now colors appear washed and faded.

Vincent
    Participant

http://us.aoc.com/en/products/u3277pwqu/specs

This monitor is apparently very good but has been a drawback because it won’t calibrate properly. Faces are excessively pink and red when they should be a more bronze/tanned color for example and variations in display settings only goes to decrease something else to make up for it.

[…]

[…]

Can anything be better set? Right now colors appear washed and faded.

If they looked “oversaturated” before and now look “washed”, it is very likely that one of these situations happen:

a ) You are seeing your images in a color managed viewer as they are meant to be viewed, they are as you see them

b) You switched to some sRGB mode in that P3-like display, without changing display default profile. This is an user error

c) You activated som HDR mode in OS or monitor

P.S: Your screenshot show a Munki Smile… I’m not sure that such colorimerter is going to be able to measure properly that kind of monitor. You’ll need a Colormunki Display or an i1DisplayPro.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

930093M
    Participant

If they looked “oversaturated” before and now look “washed”, it is very likely that one of these situations happen:
    a ) You are seeing your images in a color managed viewer as they are meant to be viewed, they are as you see them
    b) You switched to some sRGB mode in that P3-like display, without changing display default profile. This is an user error
    c) You activated som HDR mode in OS or monitor
    P.S: Your screenshot show a Munki Smile… I’m not sure that such colorimerter is going to be able to measure properly that kind of monitor. You’ll need a Colormunki Display or an i1DisplayPro.

I’ll make note of all these things do hope for the best. Thanks for the reply.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by 930093M.
    • This reply was modified 5 years ago by 930093M.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS