Error -new_disprd failed with “VideoLUT Access Failed

Home Forums Help and Support Error -new_disprd failed with “VideoLUT Access Failed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

SweetFruit89
    Participant

Hi, I’m trying to calibrate my monitor with a Spydder X Pro using DisplayCAL but when I start the calibration after a while i got this error: Error -new_disprd
    failed with “VideoLUT Access Failed””. I tried to reset video card gamma table but it doesn’t work. Can someone help me, please? Thank you

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by SweetFruit89.

Jos van Riswick
    Participant

Hello!

I’m having the same problem. Did you find a solution?

thnx

Jos van Riswick
    Participant

For anyone having the same problem: the error message went away after performing some incomprehensible rituals in windows: first uninstall the display driver and check option to remove the device and driver completely from the system. Then restart, and the new display driver is something like ‘windows basic’. Then in windows update I searched for new updates, and it found a new driver, now it is 31.0.101.2111 . After this, it worked again. Note that I did ‘update driver’ from within the device manager previously, but then it installed a different driver, that didn’t work…

Jos van Riswick
    Participant

I found a second (or maybe the actual) problem that caused the “videolut access failed” error. Will just post it here for anyone’s future reference. Turns out that I had chosen the option ‘white level as measured’ but then I didn’t actually measure the white level in the ‘interactive screen adjustment’ dialog. As a consequence of this, the calibration curves only ran from 0 to 200 or so instead of 0 to 255. I read somewhere that the “videolut access failed” error can occur if windows deems the calibration curves to be invalid. Maybe that was what happened here. In another try, I did measure the white level, and the curves ran from 0 to 255 (at least, one channel). Then the error didn’t occur anymore. I verified this, by skipping the white level measurement step again, and the error message appeared again. See attached images. The error occurs when I try to load the first set of curves, but doesn’t for the second set.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS