Error – new_disprd() failed with ‘Instrument Access Failed’

Home Forums Help and Support Error – new_disprd() failed with ‘Instrument Access Failed’

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Sebastian
    Participant

Hi, I bought a SpyderX and when trying to calibrate my display with DisplayCal I always get the Instrument Access Failed error after the SpyderX calibrates itself and the log file contains the following error:

[…]
    08:16:39,937 coms_usb_transaction: returning err 0x4000 and 0 bytes
    08:16:39,941 icoms_usb_rw: returning 0 bytes, ICOM err 0x4000
    08:16:39,944 recieved:
    08:16:39,945 spydX_command: response read failed with ICOM err 0x4000
    08:16:39,948 spydX_getHWverno: failed with ICOM code 0x70062
    [… full log file in attachments]

I’ve tried it on 2 computers using Windows 10, Ubuntu 20.04 and Ubuntu 21.04 and those messages in the log file remain identical across all of them. Updating ArgyllCMS to 2.2.1 also did not change anything. After reading about the USB 3 issues I also tried connecting the Spyder via my monitors builtin USB 2 hub which also did not change anything. Just as a test I did perform a calibration with the datacolor software which worked fine so I don’t think this is a hardware issue.

Any ideas or anything I could still try to resolve this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

MaximGun
    Participant

Sorry to necro, but I’m getting this same error with a SpyderX on Arch Linux on two computers. This thread is the only Google result for “icoms_usb_rw: returning 0 bytes, ICOM err 0x4000.”

Did you ever find a solution?

MaximGun
    Participant

Found a solution on the mailing list here. The dev posted a beta version of argyllcms https://www.freelists.org/post/argyllcms/SpyderX-on-231-Linux,2

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS