dispread: Error -dispd->read returned error code 3

Home Forums Help and Support dispread: Error -dispd->read returned error code 3

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Glenn
    Participant

Attempting to calibrate an Asus PA329Q monitor with an i1DisplayPro , Windows 10 64 bit and Nvidia GeForce GTX 980M graphics card . This 4K monitor has an internal LUT.

Attempted first to calibrate with  X-Rite iProfiler but  software  locked  up with no  feedback.

Next tried Asus ProArt Calibration software but  returned error saying unable to apply video LUTs.

Now I’m trying DisplayCal and get error  “dispread: Error -dispd->read returned error code 3”. Error is returned just after clicking Calibrate & Profile  and then Start Measurement buttons.

Log file attached. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Glenn

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Check in device manager if the i1D3 is assigned to the HID driver, not the Argyll one. If it isn’t, switch to it.

Glenn
    Participant

Checked  Device Manager.  i1D3 is assigned to an HID driver.

The  i1Display flashes twice after the Start Measurement button is clicked then the error message is displayed.

Glenn
    Participant

Still stuck on  dispread: Error -dispd->read returned error code 3.

Successfully calibrated the laptop display but still not working for the external ASUS display. Any suggestions?

The ASUS is labelled as ASUS PA329 @ 6400, 0, 6400 x 3600 in the DIsplayCAL Display Measure drop down field. Resolution is set to 3840 x 2160.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

It’s likely an USB problem. Try a different port, preferably USB 2, or an external USB 2 hub.

Glenn
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion.

I checked graphics cards utilization and the Nvidia 980M was not being used to drive the ASUS external monitor. The monitor shipped with a bad HDMI cable so I was using a DisplayPort to mini DisplayPort cable which the 980M  was unable to utilize.  DisplayCal ran successfully after connecting  ASUS with new HDMI cable.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS