Display Warmup State Feature request

Home Forums General Discussion Display Warmup State Feature request

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Matjaz Kljun
    Participant

It will be useful when evaluating and calibrating new display to be able to track real time Colorimetric data during Warmup period. As a rule of thumb literature states to wait at last half an hour for display and instrument to Warmup. But is this time always appropriate? Exist three possibilities:

1. Half an hour is just appropriate. You are very lucky.
    2. Stabilization is not yet achieved. Measurements will be skewed and Calibration wrong.
    3. Stabilization was already achieved, but you unnecessarily wait some extra time to start Calibration.

I did some poor man solution using Excel and Argyll to read Colorimetric data and show them Real Time in Excel Graphs. I present here two graphs from one 5400 seconds (90 minutes) Warmup measurement session of LG 49SJ810V TV display. (Graphs are in attachments; I don’t know how to insert them in-between text.)

Measurements more or less stabilize only after circa 4200 seconds (70 minutes).

I suppose it will be useful to have functionality like this also in DisplayCAL. It will help us to choose the right moment to start Calibration due to Display and Instrument Warmup state.

(Time in Graphs: numbers on x axis represent measurement number. Measurements was taken any 10 seconds. Number on x axis multiplied by 10 represents second after start of measurements.)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Measurements more or less stabilize only after circa 4200 seconds (70 minutes).

I only see a fluctuation of about just below 1.5%, which I would consider negligible. White level drift compensation can be used if there is concern that fluctuation may adversely affect measurement accuracy.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS