different monitors (work = Dell/DisplayCAL vs home = NEC/spectraview)

Home Forums General Discussion different monitors (work = Dell/DisplayCAL vs home = NEC/spectraview)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

(ex)Deejjjaaaa/AlterEgo
    Participant

I am using 2 different monitors @ work = Dell/DisplayCAL vs @home = NEC/spectraview.

notebook is the same, PC/Windows 10 and user account is the same in both cases… now NEC Spectraview does not do anything @ work as NEC monitor is not detected – is there any way to setup DisplayCAL to do _nothing_ (ideally not to start at all) when NEC is detected (log in will be under the same user account in Windows 10) which is handled by Spectraview ? any suggestions (except using different user accounts ?)

Florian Höch
    Administrator

DisplayCAL won’t interfere with the SpectraView software (using it myself on one display).

(ex)Deejjjaaaa/AlterEgo
    Participant

I need a little more clarification – so when both programs are starting with one NEC display connected you are saying that icc/icm profile (created by SpectraView) will be still be loaded by DisplayCAL, but it being apparently “dummy” for videoadapter LUT purposes (SpectraView writes whatever data into NEC monitor hardware) makes no difference … and the order in which SpectraView LUT oader and DisplayCAL LUT loader will be executed naturally does not matter…. am I right ?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Yes. The profiles that SpectraView creates when hardware calibration is used have a linear video card gamma table, thus won’t interfere with the hardware calibration.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS