Different measurements on Windows and Linux

Home Forums Help and Support Different measurements on Windows and Linux

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Franilustrador
    Participant

I have a dual boot GNU-Linux/Windows system, with DisplayCal installed on both OS.

have two monitors running, a Dell U2417H and a Wacom Cintiq 13HD. The Cintiq calibration gives some strange results in Windows. In the uncalibrated display report, I get a slightly higher contrast of 200:1, which seems to be wrong, as the Cintiq specs advertised 700:1. Even though it’s an older display, it seems too low. On Linux, I get a slightly higher contrast of 700:1.

The results for the Dell, while not identical, are more similar, with notable differences in chromaticity.

On Linux I have Flatpack version 3.8.9.3. The Windows version is also 3.8.9.3. What is wrong?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

HDMI set to limited range 16-235 instead of 0-255.

Franilustrador
    Participant

Thanks, I hadn’t thought of that, and I’ve already had bad experiences with this issue. In Linux Mint (I’m now on Manjaro) I had a bash script at startup to force full range on my Dell, which oddly enough is connected via DisplayPort.

However, I can’t seem to force limited to full range with the graphics controls in Windows. There does seem to be a menu where I can choose between limited and full, but nothing happens on my screen, the measurements don’t change…. Any suggestions?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS