Differences between two "Measure Report" for the same profile

Home Forums Help and Support Differences between two "Measure Report" for the same profile

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Gianluca.M.
    Participant

Hello.
    I used displaycal as usual to calibrate and create a profile for my monitor (DELL U2515H) with an xrite i1 DisplayPro
    At the end of the process I installed the profile and i made a profile verification that showed me a good results.
    After two days, I decided to repeat the profile verification of the same profile.
    The result is that, now the verification shows me a strong difference in Measured vs. assumed target whitepoint ΔE * 00 =(1.99), now the bar color is orange. I have not touched anything in my monitor in  these  two days and I performed the calibration and the  verifications  in the same light conditions, in a dimly lit environment.
    Is the difference between the two measurements normal? what could be the reason for these differences?
    I have a PC with Windows 10 x64.
    sorry for my bad english
    Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

it seems the display whitepoint has drifted a bit (possibly temperature related?).

Gianluca.M.
    Participant

Hi Florian,  thanks for the support
    Sorry but  I’m not very practical.
    The monitor was set to custom color. during the first phase I adjusted by OSD menu, the RGB values to align the three bars near the target, and i adjusted the brightness value to bring it near to 110 cd /m2. all tick were green.  after doing this I have not touched anything on my monitor.
    anyway now I’m trying to calibrate the monitor again, with the same settings in displaycal. I do not know if this is relevant but during the first phase (RGB bars alignment) I have to change the RGB values of the monitor slightly to get closer to the target.
    for the previous calibration, the one we’re talking about now. I used these RGB values on my monitor R=98, G=100, B=94.  Now to bring up the green tick I have to put these values 98-100-95, the same values except for the blue.
    do you think this temperature difference can be important in terms of color accuracy in amateur photography?
    I would like to send my photos to a lab to print. Could they appear different from how I view them on my monitor?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

R=98, G=100, B=94. Now to bring up the green tick I have to put these values 98-100-95

So, basically all that was required is adjust the blue by one to achieve the previous result. I think that’s reasonable in terms of overall monitor stability.

do you think this temperature difference can be important in terms of color accuracy in amateur photography?

Probably not, the difference is too small for that.

I would like to send my photos to a lab to print. Could they appear different from how I view them on my monitor?

Yes, but not due to the monitor having drifted slightly. If the lab offers any ICC profiles for softproofing, you can use those to get an approximate preview of how the printed photos are likely going to look (if the lab is careful enough to keep their printing tolerances low).

Gianluca.M.
    Participant

Probably not, the difference is too small for that.

I’m glad to read your words. it would be a bad period to change my monitor.

If the lab offers any ICC profiles for softproofing, you can use those to get an approximate preview of how the printed photos are likely going to look (if the lab is careful enough to keep their printing tolerances low).

fortunately, the lab offers the profiles of their paper. So I can do a softproof in photoshop.
    Thanks again for your help.
    Ciao.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS