Dell UP2716D – Clamping to Adobe RGB

Home Forums Help and Support Dell UP2716D – Clamping to Adobe RGB

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dave Buckley
    Participant

Apoligies if I sound like an amateur – i am.

Basically I have the Dell UP2716D – I want to clamp the monitor to AdobeRGB Colour Gamut, and calibrate to D65 120cd.

The monitor has ‘factory calibrated’ profiles and an emulation mode for AdobeRGB, sRGB etc and two user slots for storing LUTs on board the monitor.  However, when I calibrate I can’t get anywhere near the 6500k that I want at 120cd.

I’ve managed to do it once, but can’t remember what I did, my current profile pretty much perfectly matches the gamut of AdobeRGB and is very close to my desired white point, but I did it with DUCCS and haven’t been able to recreate it – I should point out – this calibration was too a much higher 200+cd.  As I say whenever I try 120cd inside DUCCS i get roughly 6300k.

What I like about DUCCS is that I can calibrate with the monitor clamped to the AdobeRGB gamut (yes I know this renders the WIde Gamut capabilities pointless).  I can’t figure out the best way to do this with DisplayCAL.  Everytime I calibrate the gamut always reverts back to essentially the Native Gamut which is way beyond Adobe RGB in parts.

Can anyone help assuming what I’ve said makes any sense at all.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

It is not possible to use the Dell UP2716D’s hardware LUT feature with DisplayCAL.

Dave Buckley
    Participant

I appreciate that, but all I meant was, is it possible to limit the gamut with DisplayCAL even if it needs to be at GPU level?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

There is no desktop-wide color management in Windows, so, no, unfortunately.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS