Dell U2412M & MacBookPro 2012

Home Forums Help and Support Dell U2412M & MacBookPro 2012

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mogily
    Participant

Hi

Just wondering what the best settings for my Dell U2412M would be? I have a Colormunki Display too, I usually calibrate to 6500k & 100cd/m2.

Also on the MacbookPro, not sure how to alter the RGB setting? Has anyone worked around this? I can only adjust the brightness not the individual channels.

I know both monitors aren’t great for now I will use them for SRGB photo-editing then upgrade the Dell. But I was to get them close as possible as whenever I show people work on the road it never reflects what I have done on the Dell.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

Just wondering what the best settings for my Dell U2412M would be? I have a Colormunki Display too, I usually calibrate to 6500k & 100cd/m2.

Use the “Office & Web” preset, and set “Correction” to “Spectral: White LED”.

Also on the MacbookPro, not sure how to alter the RGB setting?

It’s not possible on Laptops, you can skip/ignore this adjustment. The “Laptop” preset automatically disables interactive adjustment.

Mogily
    Participant

Hi Florian

Thanks for your kind response. You’re a legend!

Re Dell, I need a white point of 120 cd/m2 as find that best for web images and it works for me.

What I did before was to reset my Dell back to factory settings, ran LCD conditioning for an hour, then set the Display Color settings to DisplayLinear before running the ColorMunki then running DisplayCal version 3.1.3.3 BETA with:-

No White/Black Draft compensation

Mode : LCD (Generic)

Observer : CIE 1931 2

Whitepoint 6500k / WL : 120cd/m2 / No Black point Correction / Calibration : High

Calibration Speed : High

Profile type:  XYZ LUT + matrix / Profile quality: High

Test Chart :  Auto-Optimised

Patches : 425

I will re-run on the “Spectral: White LED” over the top of my current Color Profile, is there anything else you would advise/change?

Re my Macbook Pro, I used my Colormunki display software to get to the white point of 120cd/m2 and adjust the colours, before running DisplayCal under the  Laptop Gamma 2.2 setting.

I have an app called ColorTRUE on my iPhone which I calibrated via my ColorMunki. I just want consistent colours between my all my devices.

Thanks so much

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Mogily.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS