Creating a Measurement Report on an uncalibrated display / with no calibration applied?

Home Forums Help and Support Creating a Measurement Report on an uncalibrated display / with no calibration applied?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

malventano SourceForge

I’d like to run measurement reports of uncalibrated displays (for evaluating out-of-box conditions of these displays for review purposes), but the interface greys out the button unless a calibration / profile is selected. Is there a trick to running a measurement report on displays with no calibration applied?

Thanks in advance,
    Allyn

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi, the next snapshot update will provide that functionality (ETA: in a few days).

malventano SourceForge

I noticed the patch go in very quickly. Thanks for adding this possibility. It will enable the use of DispcalGUI for more display testing purposes!

• This reply was modified on 2015-10-19 22:07:40 by malventano.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Updated snapshot is now available (3.0.4.5). Via 0install | Standalone

Geoff Gasior
    Participant

Am I missing something, or has the ability to run measurement reports on uncalibrated displays disappeared again?  In 3.1.3.1,  the button is greyed out unless a calibration profile is selected. It would be great to have this functionality back for display testing.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Check your settings, you need to select an actual display on the display & instrument tab or enable “use simulation profile as target profile” on the verification tab and set tone curve to “unmodified”.

Geoff Gasior
    Participant

Thanks, that did the trick.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS