Creating 3D LUT for Lumagen video processors

Home Forums Help and Support Creating 3D LUT for Lumagen video processors

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jimbof
    Participant

I’d love to be able to use DisplayCAL to create 3DLUT for my Radiance XE3D video processor – having previously used it to great effect with an EEcolor 3D LUT box.

To this end I can see 2 things in my way and one nice-to-have:

1. I need to be able to create a 5x5x5 LUT (other Radiance LUT sizes are 9x9x9 and 17x17x17, not supported on my model).
    2. I need to be able to load the LUT into the Radiance (it can be done via UI, but even a lowly 125 triplets is going to be painful).
    3. It would be nice to use the built-in pattern generator Radiance has.

I am sure I can work out 2) (the serial protocol is here and not too hard: http://www.lumagen.com/docs/Tip0011_RS232CommandInterface_072516.pdf) – and I can get away with using external pattern generator to start with – but I have no idea how to make DisplayCAL output a smaller LUT than the already existing options in the 3DLUT creation dialogue.

Can this be accomplished as is just by selecting the right options or modifying a command line, or even by hand on a command line to ArgyllCMS?

Many thanks.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by jimbof.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

there’s a chance that support for Lumagen devices may appear in a future version of Argyll CMS, but there is no ETA for this.

I need to be able to create a 5x5x5 LUT

You can override the 3D LUT size by specifying the additional command line argument -r5 for collink in the options menu.

jimbof
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.  I did ask GW Gill about it a while ago via AVSforum – he said it was in the pipeline but there were some other priorities first, which is fair enough! 🙂

Many thanks for the -r5 hint with collink.  I’ll probably try and make my own LUT loader for the Radiance box – the API doesn’t look too hard to make work.

Is there a “best” input format to use for such a loader app?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Is there a “best” input format to use for such a loader app?

I’m not sure, but .cube is probably the way to go.

jimbof
    Participant

Thanks and apologies, I missed your reply somehow.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS