Contrast Ratio Omen X 35

Home Forums Help and Support Contrast Ratio Omen X 35

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

pakal
    Participant

Hello  Florian Höch

My very  best compliments for this very good software, i just got here a new monitor the Omen X 35 and just worked to get i think so a god calibration, i have an official thread on an italian forum where i’m speaking of this new monitor, i’m using the Spyder5 from datacolor with your latest release of the DisplayCal software.

I just followed some instructions on the web to calibrate this beauty, i was only wondering why the Measurement Report attached tells me a low contrast level, this monitor should have something about 1944:1 this was calculated by tft central on the review of  the same panel that is mounted on the ag352ucg, so i was wandering why the measurement report is telling me 1017.5:1 what i’m doing wrong?

And although as i’m not expert in monitor calibration perhaps you can give me some tips for better calibration of this monitor 🙂

Thank you so much

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

WolfPeace
    Participant

I wouldn’t be too concerned about lower contrast number than tftcentral. On which settings and White level did they measure it, how does that differ from your settings?

My guess is that they measured it on devices out of the box White level and the device holds black levels very nicely(in other words evenly) across it’s luminance levels. And contrast ratio is calculated with white level/black level.

Regards,

Milos

pakal
    Participant

I got this values

Measured luminance: 134.8 cd/m²

Measured black luminance: 0.1325 cd/m²

contrast 1017.5:1

perhaps it could be that the Spyder5 is not able to measure lower black lvls?

another user that used professional calibration tools had this results with Omen

119.46 cd/m²

1991 contrast

tft central had

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by pakal.

WolfPeace
    Participant

I forgot that report stated that you used Spyder device.

It might very well be that that is the reason. I personally do not own any spyder device, but the general talk across internet really does tell that it has problem with low level readings.

My suggestion would be to use Colormunki Display or i1 display 3 pro depending on the budget. For those devices I am sure that they can read much lower levels.

Regards,

Milos

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

pakal
    Participant

another user is going to try with x-rite i1 display pro this evening on the Omen X 35, we will see the results soon

thank you so much

pakal
    Participant

Got now final results from my friend for the Omen calibration with X-Rite EODIS3 i1Display Pro

2120.4:1 (129.3 cd/m^2 / 0.061 cd/m^2 )

it was a problem of the Spyder5, i think i will give it back and take the other one

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS