Colour Clipping in Colour Managed Applications after calibration

Home Forums Help and Support Colour Clipping in Colour Managed Applications after calibration

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ryan Woods
    Participant

Hey there!

After several calibrations attempts and reading the documentation several times, I feel like I got the calibrating my screen as best as I can .Please see attached measurement report. Everything seems quite good, apart from 2 of black patch tests, as seen in the report. However also, in colour managed applications like Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop the colours seem to be “clipping”, as in, out of gamut colours (I believe )representing very weirdly. Please see attached images.

I have only found a temporary fix, which is loading lightroom/photoshop up with the standard sRGB  profile and then changing it to the new profile once loaded. However this doesn’t solve the problem and seems limiting.

1. Would 3D LUTS fix this clipping problem?
    2. What is your opinion on the failed black tests?
    3. After the calibration it said my sRGB coverage was around 55%, does this seem reasonable with it being a laptop screen, or is a bad calibration also limiting it?

PS. I understand it is not the best monitor, however, I wanted to calibrate it regards until I get a new monitor in the near future.

Kind regards,

Ryan Barnes

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

profiling cannot “fix” a restricted display gamut (55% sRGB is really bad), that is a display hardware limitation. That is not your only problem though, it looks like something interfered with the measurements. Disable dynamic/automatic display dimming and any other such functions, make sure no light is shining directly on the screen, set whitepoint to “as measured” and calibration speed to “fast”, and create  a new profile.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS