ColorMunki Smile vs Display vs Spyder 5 Express for non-professional usage

Home Forums General Discussion ColorMunki Smile vs Display vs Spyder 5 Express for non-professional usage

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Alex P
    Participant

I have Acer XB271HU + Dell U2412M (planning to upgrade, maybe to U2717D) that I use for work (programming), web, gaming, movies, some light image editing, etc. on Windows 10 (also sometimes Linux, but mostly from VM) and I wanted to buy a colorimeter because

•  XB271HU seems to have some yellow tint that I didn’t manage to fully fix via manual R/G/B adjustments.
    • Maybe it could help to better match colors/color temp of my two monitors.
    • Maybe I will get a bit more accurate colors.

Which of the not too expensive colorimeters I should get?

1. X-Rite ColorMunki Smile
    2. Datacolor Spyder 5 EXPRESS
    3. X-Rite ColorMunki Display

The first two cost about 100 EUR, and the last one — 150 EUR. I heard that Display is better, but does it worth it in my case? Will I notice any difference if it’s not for professional graphic work?

Also I heard that X-Rite colorimeters are better than Datacolor, however Spyder seems to be more popular (maybe because they are older and appeared before cheaper Smile?).

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Alex P.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The first two cost about 100 EUR, and the last one — 150 EUR. I heard that Display is better, but does it worth it in my case?

The ColorMunki Display has better low light capability, much better measurement speed and presumably somewhat better accuracy and precision than the Spyders. You’ll have to decide for yourself if that’s worth the price difference to the cheaper instruments to you. The ColorMunki Smile is a bit of an unknown as I don’t own this instrument, it is faster than the Spyders but I have no data on accuracy.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS