Color temp Asus pa279Q in AdobeRGB mode.

Home Forums General Discussion Color temp Asus pa279Q in AdobeRGB mode.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hendriks
    Participant

Dear Readers,

I put the PA279Q in Adobe RGB mode and test the display with the inter active display adjuster and a X-rite i1 pro.

I had expected to find a color temp of 6500 K but actualy it was 7400 K.

Goging into the service OSD Adobe RGB says r 255 g 255 b 255.

To get 6500 K i had to put it to R 255 G 239 B 228 but then the factory calibration is gone.

Does somebody recognize this?

Vincent
    Participant

Goging into the service OSD Adobe RGB says r 255 g 255 b 255.

To get 6500 K i had to put it to R 255 G 239 B 228 but then the factory calibration is gone.

GPU grey calibration in native gamut with DisplayCAL. It’s your only choice.

Since sRGB factory mode coul be useful in non color managed enviroments if you soffer the same issue in that OSD mode, you can try a correction of whitepoint in GPU if it is not too far away.

Does somebody recognize this?

It’s called bad factory calibration.

Usually that kind of advertised factory calibration aims for a mean value of error under  “X” dE. Let’s say “2”. It’s a mean… gamut emulation may be accurate, gray may be nautral, but whitepoint too far from AdobeRGB D65. It’s not reliable at all.

Since PA279Q has serious overshoot issues and has not hardware calibration iot is one of the worst choices of a 27″ widegamut.

Pretty old too… white point may have drifted if you bought it long ago.

Hendriks
    Participant

Dear Vincent, thank you.

The monitor is 9000 hours old.  I will try to make a calibration not in one of the standard modes but in User 1 or User 2.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS