Calibrite ColorChecker Display and DisplayCAL

Home Forums Help and Support Calibrite ColorChecker Display and DisplayCAL

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

jacob99
    Participant

Hi Florian,

Does the DisplayCAL require the use of ArgyllCMS drivers if the instrument is a brand new Calibrite ColorChecker Display?

And what is the proper way to handle corrections – extract from the Calibrite disk or use one of the DisplayCal choices?

Thanks in advance,

jacob

Vincent
    Participant

Does the DisplayCAL require the use of ArgyllCMS drivers if the instrument is a brand new Calibrite ColorChecker Display?

All i1d3 require no driver. HID devices, like an USB mouse. Under the hood ArgyllCMS will try its “known” unlock codes for each i1d3 “model”, this is the limitation. Calibrite ColorChecker Display should have the same unlock code as older Colormunki Display or newer i1Display Studio, so there shpuld be no issues.

And what is the proper way to handle corrections – extract from the Calibrite disk or use one of the DisplayCal choices?

DisplayCAL’s pack of bundled CCSS cover all EDR from Xrite plus a few ones:
    https://displaycal.net/i1d3

i1Display Studio on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

jacob99
    Participant

Thank you Vincent!

Raj S
    Participant

I can confirm Calibrite devices work just fine. In Windows 10 settings it shows up as “i1Display3” and has no problems with DisplayCAL. Both default and Argyll drivers work.

jacob99
    Participant

Thanks for your comment Raj! Yes, it works quite well – I just finished the calibration today. Worked out quite well.  The calibration process is quite a bit easier compared to my old Spyder 4.

Marcello
    Participant

I recently tried my Calibrite colorchecker display with displaycal and even though everything looked to work normally i noticed rhat during the brightness calibration Displaycal would ask me to setup my screen way higher than with other calibration software. My theory is that Displaycal thinks that im conecting the “Calibrite display PLUS” instead, wich is almost identical but it is more sensitive to light than mine. So instead of correcting for this it asks me to put brightness way higher than it should.

Someone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Vincent
    Participant

I recently tried my Calibrite colorchecker display with displaycal and even though everything looked to work normally i noticed rhat during the brightness calibration Displaycal would ask me to setup my screen way higher than with other calibration software. My theory is that Displaycal thinks that im conecting the “Calibrite display PLUS” instead, wich is almost identical but it is more sensitive to light than mine. So instead of correcting for this it asks me to put brightness way higher than it should.

no.

Someone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

High chances that it is an user error. Maybe you did not configure colorimeter correction (CCSS equivalent to Xrite EDR) or that you chose higher target brightness.
    Usually we do not use target brightness at all since you can put whatever value you want manually while in popup window to fix white color with RGB gains.

Marcello
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your help Vincent.

Fortunately you were right, it was a user error although i was looking in the wrong place. After trying all sorts of fixes and settings on Caldisplay I realized that the problem couldn’t be on the software, it was on the display settings. It had something called dynamic dimming activated. I guess i should have looked there first.

Greetings and thanks for the help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS