Calibration without Profiling – is it possible?

Home Forums Help and Support Calibration without Profiling – is it possible?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Pneumatic
    Participant

Is it possible to just do a Calibration without Profiling?     I have no use for profiling and so it costs me a lot of time.

Maybe what I’m asking makes no sense if the .cal file is generated from the profile 🙂

WolfPeace
    Participant

You can always do a curves+matrix with just 73 patches. The profiling with that settings takes ~2 min .

Pneumatic
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll give that a try now.

I did also try to set up my own custom testchart with grey swatches only to reduce the time, but couldn’t figure it out; when I changed settings on the top of the edit testchart page, the list of swatches down the bottom stayed the same regardless of what settings I put in the top section.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I did also try to set up my own custom testchart with grey swatches only to reduce the time, but couldn’t figure it out; when I changed settings on the top of the edit testchart page, the list of swatches down the bottom stayed the same regardless of what settings I put in the top section.

You have to click “Create testchart” to actually create the chart. To get the smallest possible still useful chart, set white & black patches to 1, single channel to 2, neutral to 5, multidimensional and iterative to 0.

Pneumatic
    Participant

You have to click “Create testchart” to actually create the chart. To get the smallest possible still useful chart, set white & black patches to 1, single channel to 2, neutral to 5, multidimensional and iterative to 0.

If I set the testchart to something with a very small amount of swatches to speed up the process, will that affect the quality of the 1D LUT calibration?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Pneumatic.

WolfPeace
    Participant

Nope it won’t affect 1D LUT calibration.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS