Calibration questions (Apple M1 MacBook Air and LG27GN950)

Home Forums Help and Support Calibration questions (Apple M1 MacBook Air and LG27GN950)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bjoure
    Participant

I have a few questions myself that I can’t find straight answers to:

I have a new Apple M1 MacBook Air. It has a LED display capable of P3 gamut, like MacBook Pros. I also just got a LG27GN950 for my gaming PC. It’s a 4K, 144hz display with support for HDR (although I know it’s more like faux HDR since it’s still an IPS panel)

My question is, can I still use my i1Display Pro to calibrate them? aka does i1Display Pro support calibrating wide gamut and HDR?

And if I calibrate these two displays, should I calibrate them to SRGB or… something else?

The LG calibration utility has a “native” gamut I assume that’s the default wide gamut the display is capable of?

I know it’s a lot of questions. any help appreciated. thanks.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

JoeyJungle
    Participant

So far as I know, there’s no calibration software working on M1 right now. https://xritephoto.com/ph_product_overview.aspx?ID=2572&Action=Support&SupportID=5938&catid=158

I wasn’t able to calibrate on my M1 Macbook Air using either Displaycal or the i1Display Pro calibration software, both have problems detecting any displays.

Heisenberg
    Participant

Datacolor Spyder5 and SpyderX and their latest software work on the M1’s.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS