Calibration on display and MadVR

Home Forums Help and Support Calibration on display and MadVR

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Yamu
    Participant

If I have already calibrated my display using Gamma 2.2 using DisplayCAL Profile Loader to load the ICC profile that was made, do I still need to make a 3D LUT file for MadVR with the same tone curve Gamma 2.2?

Yamu
    Participant

Or if I am getting this right, do I have to first calibrate my display using “Calibration” and “Profiling” using whatever settings I want for example Gamma 2.2 or 2.4 or sRBG, then I can use 3D LUT for colour correction for applications like MadVR and ReShade? And I’d have to set the “Tone Curve” within the 3D LUT tab to match the Tone Curve I have used in the “Calibration” tab?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

do I still need to make a 3D LUT file for MadVR with the same tone curve Gamma 2.2?

Or if I am getting this right, do I have to first calibrate my display using “Calibration” and “Profiling” using whatever settings I want for example Gamma 2.2 or 2.4 or sRBG, then I can use 3D LUT for colour correction for applications like MadVR and ReShade?

And I’d have to set the “Tone Curve” within the 3D LUT tab to match the Tone Curve I have used in the “Calibration” tab?

Yes. madVR does not use ICC profiles.

Yamu
    Participant

thanks, so does when MadVR start up it disables DisplayCAL Profile Loader’s ICC profile globally and then uses its own 3D LUT for its own windo?

Yamu
    Participant

Forgot to ask as well, about overclocking a monitor. When I overclock the monitor from 60hz to 71.928hz  it changes the color and luminance of the monitor. Will I gain more accurate colours from calibrating on the native 60hz or will it be the same when I calibrate it on the overclocked refreshrate?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

thanks, so does when MadVR start up it disables DisplayCAL Profile Loader’s ICC profile globally and then uses its own 3D LUT for its own windo?

Yes.

When I overclock the monitor from 60hz to 71.928hz it changes the color and luminance of the monitor. Will I gain more accurate colours from calibrating on the native 60hz or will it be the same when I calibrate it on the overclocked refreshrate?

You should calibrate the respective mode you’re using if it affects color.

Yamu
    Participant

On the calibration on the native 60hz freshrate, I got a gamut coverage/volume of 83.9%/89%, while on the 71.928hz overclocked I got 89%/98.1%. Seemed to have gotten a better calibration result on the overclocked refreshrate which is weird.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS