Calibration for P3 display and Resolve w/rec709 ?

Home Forums General Discussion Calibration for P3 display and Resolve w/rec709 ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

String
    Participant

Looking for advice on my calibration workflow for my laptop setup here.

Running Windows 11/DisplayCal on a ROG Laptop with a DCIP3 gamut display.

I primarily do photo editing but doing more and more video via Resolve studio and having trouble reconciling these setups.

Typically im calibrated to Native gamut/Gamma 2.2 (for the photos) but my Resolve output i want Rec.709/Gamma2.4 as a standard.

Is my best option here calibrate the display in P3/Gamma 2.2 THEN after that use the Resolve setting in Displaycal to produce a 3D LUT with VGCT *disabled* to get the desired look?

Or am i better calibrating to Rec.709/2.4 and also creating a 3D Lut from that?

In short, can someone list the steps i need to take and in what order to (i) get my screen calibrated for this and (ii) into Resolve so i can see what my final output actually looks like?

Vincent
    Participant

Typically im calibrated to Native gamut/Gamma 2.2 (for the photos) but my Resolve output i want Rec.709/Gamma2.4 as a standard.

Is my best option here calibrate the display in P3/Gamma 2.2 THEN after that use the Resolve setting in Displaycal to produce a 3D LUT with VGCT *disabled* to get the desired look?

Yes. LUT3D without VCGT, let DisplayCAL load VCGT into GPU system wide by using your custom profile as display profile.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS